PRE-REQUISITE REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE:
**Please note: due to the COVID 19 pandemic and government implemented restrictions on large gatherings, Opticaledu has cancelled the registration for this live workshop. We are making every effort to reinstate the registration as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.**
Tutorial Part 2 is a practical application in a workshop format. This workshop is in strong relationship with the theoretical part and cannot be provided as stand alone but as a continuation or hands on practical application.
It will be held in person in clinics exam rooms provided by the studying group or locations chosen by the provider (locations to be assigned based on minimum 3-5 participants).
This section will cover use of visual testing equipment trial frame, trial frame lenses, prisms and filters, retinoscope, schematic eye, ophthalmoscope, auto-refractor, and the phoropter. Bellow see the NACOR competencies intended to guide this practical workshop.
NACOR Competencies practice illustrations:
2.3.2 Choose the equipment to perform refraction: trial frame, trial lenses, retinoscope, autorefractor, phoropter and accessories to use in further tests.
2.3.3 Recognize and name the equipment used:
Charts, retinoscope, phoropter.
2.5.2 Charts, chief complain, medication, plan for follow up.
2.5.3 Objective techniques to identify and quantify ametropia
using: streak retinoscope, autorefractor, performs tests to assess positions of gaze, test corneal reflexes for eye alignment, unilateral cover test, alternating cover test.
2.5.4 Subjective techniques to identify and quantify ametropia using: methods of acuity testing, fogging, bichrome testing, Jackson cross testing, Risley prisms for vergence testing.
Proposed format of this tutorial is intended to run for two hours.
1. Visual acuity charts projectors and most used standards for measuring visual acuity. 10 minutes
2. Binocular vision subjective and objective tests of eyes mobility and ability to work together and in unison. 20 minutes
3. Trial frame trial lens case review and practice facial measurement . This part will reintroduce the basic tool available to any optician currently reviewing ways to use pinhole, filters, prisms and learning ways to refract. 20 minutes
4. Retinoscope description, demonstration and practice on schematic eye and onto each participant. 30 minutes
5. Phoropter parts and use in comparison with trial frame. Refracting each participant and comparing results. 40 minutes
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 19
- Assessments Yes